Thursday, April 8, 2010

There are no women in the dojo

To understand the words that I'll write here -- you'll need to understand the way that I think. I learned a long time ago -- that there are no girls in the dojo. What does that mean? It means that there are no excuses for not being able to do something -- just because you're a "girl." Us girls, love playing the "girl" card when it's convenient. I have no patience for those types of women. Don't get me wrong -- I revel in skirts, high heels and lipstick and cooking for my husband. But in the dojo, it's different.

Don't come to me and tell me you're not strong enough, or that you'll break a nail. Cut your nails and do some push ups. There is no whining and no excuses. Yes, you are a girl training in martial arts. Some things will be harder for you -- other things easier. But mostly, you'll have to try harder and be better to earn the respect of your fellow dojo mates. No whining. No complaining. No girls in the dojo.

2 comments:

  1. I've been training in martial arts for quite some time. I completely agree with this. It would be great to talk to you for more advice. I'm glad I found this blog, thanks for making it available.
    :)
    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess -- more than happy to help. I have a new section for posting questions. What ever you're experiencing, will be helpful for other women to learn from.

    ReplyDelete